Xiaomi presented MIUI 14, the next version of its operating system for Xiaomi phones and tablets, Mi, Redmi and POCO, at a presentation on December 11, 2022. Xiaomi 13 and 13 Pro smartphones, Watch S2 smartwatch and Buds 4 shown headphones for the first time.
We can already say about the release date of MIUI 14 for the global market and which smartphones will receive the firmware update. Back in October, Xiaomi opened a beta test of the new shell with firmware for China, Europe and several global versions for Xiaomi's flagship models in development.
The list of compatible devices and information about the release date of the operating system will be updated as reliable information becomes available.
- Release date of MIUI 14
- MIUI 14 device list
- MIUI 14 new features
- Download MIUI 14
Release date of MIUI 14
The official release date of MIUI 14 is December 11, 2022. On this day, Xiaomi held a presentation in China where the new operating system was presented. The new flagshipXiaomi 13andXiaomi 13 ProSmartphones are the first to run on MIUI 14 by default - they were presented at the same event.
this is thatlatest MIUI versionAt the moment, the previous shell was launched in December 2021 - it's MIUI 13. Previously, versions of the operating system were released once a year, except forMIUI12.5. Since MIUI 13.5 will not be released, we can say with certainty that the release of MIUI 14 in late 2022 will mark a return to the annual cycle of Xiaomi shell updates. Expect MIUI 15 to be released in December 2023.
The global version of MIUI 14 will be released after the final Chinese release in early 2023, after which a gradual rollout of the shell to all supported devices will begin. Flagships will be the first to get it, followed by mid-range smartphones. The last in line will be budget phones.
In October 2022, Xiaomi began beta testing the Chinese update MIUI 14 Beta based on Android 13 for Xiaomi 12 and Redmi K50 smartphones (the shell for them is already available, you can download MIUi 14 from the links below).
The beta test of the global MIUI 14 Global is already underway. To date, more than 30 Xiaomi, Redmi and POCO models participate in it. It is known that not only Chinese versions will be tested, but also MIUI 14 for the global, Indian and European markets.
More detailed information on the global firmware or the version for India is not yet available. Therefore, the MIUI 14 release date in India is not before March-April 2023 after the global version was released.
Examples of MIUI 14 builds from the beta testing program:
- Mi 11 Ultra – 188.8.131.52.TKAMIXM (Worldwide)
- POCO F5 – 184.108.40.206.TMNMIXM (Worldwide)
- POCO F3 – 220.127.116.11.TKHMIXM (Worldwide)
- Wed 11i – 18.104.22.168.TKMIXM (Worldwide)
- Xiaomi 11T Pro – 22.214.171.124.TKDEUXM (Europa)
- POCO X5 Pro – 126.96.36.199.SMSEUXM (Europa)
- Mi 11i — 188.8.131.52.TKKEUXM (European)
- Mi 11X – 184.108.40.206.TKHINXM (Indian)
- Mi 11X Pro – 220.127.116.11.TKKINXM (Indian)
The MIUI 14 release schedule will appear a little later, keep an eye on the status of the updates via the links:
- Update tracker for Xiaomi MIUI 14
- Redmi MIUI 14 Update-Tracker
- POCO MIUI 14 Update-Tracker
What MIUI 18.104.22.168.TLNCNXM firmware number means:
- 14.0 — the first three digits indicate the MIUI 14 version.
- 0.3 — is the development version. The higher the number, the closer the final release of the update is.
- T – Android 13 (the first letter of the codename Tiramisu).
- LN – Redmi K50 model code. All Xiaomi, Mi, Redmi and POCO smartphones have a different code.
- CN - Firmware for China (MI - Global, EU - Europe).
- XM - no operator binding.
MIUI 14 device list
MIUI 14 for Xiaomi's flagship phone/tablet models Redmi and POCO was announced at launch.
In January 2023 they will update to the stable MIUI 14:
- Xiaomi 12
- Xiaomi 12 Pro
- Xiaomi 12 Pro Dimension
- Xiaomi 12S
- Xiaomi 12S Pro
- Xiaomi 12S Ultra
- Xiaomi MIX-FOLD 2
- Redmi K50
- Redmi K50G
- Redmi K50 Pro
- Redmi K50 Ultra
- POCO F4 GT
Xiaomi and Redmi tablets will receive a stable version of MIUI 14 in April 2023:
- Xiaomi-Pad 5
- Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
- Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro 5G
- Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro 12,9″
No further official information on release dates yet. Xiaomi 13 and 13 Pro run on MIUI 14 by default.
To understand which phones will receive the MIUI 14 update, it is enough to recall the update cycles of Xiaomi devices - developers have promised updates for new phones for up to three years. It is likely that the version of the system will be compatible with all devices that will go on sale in 2022 and those that have ROMs based on Android 12.
Each new version of Xiaomi's operating system depends on the requirements of the Android version on which it was created. Due to the Android framework, it makes no sense for developers to adapt older smartphones to new updates. Therefore, the update cycle of “obsolete” devices ends within 2-3 years after their release.
On the official Xiaomi website you can find information about device support, the so-calledXiaomi EOS-List(end of support). If your smartphone is in the list, no updates will be released for it and it will not receive MIUI 14. We mark such devices in the firmware catalog with the "EOS" icon.
Below is a list of Xiaomi, Redmi and Poco devices that will be updated to MIUI 14.
Which Xiaomi phones will get MIUI 14
- Xiaomi 13, 13 Pro
- Xiaomi 12, 12 Lite, 12 Pro, 12X
- Xiaomi 12S, 12S Pro, 12S Ultra
- Xiaomi 12T, 12T Pro
- Xiaomi 11T, 11T Pro
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G & 5G, 11 Lite 5G NE
- Xiaomi Mi 11, 11 LE, Mi 11i, Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11 Pro
- Xiaomi 11i, 11i Hypercharge
- Xiaomi Mi 11X, Mi 11X Pro
- Xiaomi MIX FOLD 2, MIX FOLD 2
- Xiaomi Citizen, Citizen 1S, Citizen 2
- Xiaomi Mi 10, Mi 10i 5G, Mi 10S, Mi 10 Pro, Mi 10 Lite Zoom, Mi 10 Ultra
- Xiaomi Mi 10T, Mi 10T Pro, Mi 10T Lite
- Xiaomi Pad 5, Pad 5 Pro, Pad 5 Pro 12.4, Pad 5 Pro 5G
Which Redmi phones will get MIUI 14
- Redmi Note 11, 11 5G, 11 SE, 11 4G
- Redmi Note 11T 5G, 11T Pro, 11T Pro+
- Redmi Note 11 Pro 4G, 11 Pro 5G, 11 Pro+ 5G
- Redmi Note 11S, 11S 5G
- Redmi Note 11E, 11E Pro, 11R
- Redmi Note 10, 10 Pro, 10 Pro 5G, 10 Pro Max, 10S, 10 Lite, 10 5G
- Redmi Note 10T 5G, 10T Japan
- Redmi Note 9 4G, 9 5G, 9T 5G, 9 Pro 5G
- Redmi K50, K50 Pro, K50 Gaming
- Redmi K50i, K50 Ultra
- Redmi K40, K40 Pro, K40 Pro+, K40 Gaming, K40S
- Redmi K30S Ultra, K30 Ultra, K30 4G, K30 Pro
- Redmi Note 8 (2021)
- Redmi 11 Prime, 11 Prime 5G
- Redmi 10C, 10A
- Redmi 10, 10 Power, 10 5G, 10 Prime+ 5G, 10 Prime, 10 Prime 2022
- Redmi 9T, 9 performance
Which POCO phones will receive MIUI 14
- POCO M3
- SMALL M4 Pro 4G
- POCO M4 5G
- SMALL M5, M5s
- POCO X4 Pro 5G
- SMALL M4 Pro 5G
- POCO M3 Pro 5G
- POCO X3
- POCO X3 NFC
- POCO X3 Pro
- LITTLE X3GT
- LITTLE X4GT
- SMALL F4
- POCO F3
- POCO F3 GT
- SMALL C40, C40+
The official list of compatible devices will be revealed at the Xiaomi MIUI 14 presentation. Then just wait until there is an update for your phone, download and install the firmware. Follow the status of MIUI 14 on our website miuirom.org.
MIUI 14 new features
MIUI 14 runs on the new MIUI Photon engine, which takes the underlying Android kernel and opens it up to third-party app developers. Above all, the performance of the system has been improved and its stability optimized.
Changes have been made to the MIUI architecture to ensure all apps run smoothly. Xiaomi found that the MIUI 14 Photon Engine increases the smoothness of third-party apps by 88% and reduces their power consumption by 16%. Developers are working hard to make apps run faster and more stable.
Performance of MIUI 14
Performance improvements for MIUI 14:
- The operating system size has been reduced by 23% compared to MIUI 13. The size of Recover ROM, Fastboot ROM andOTA-Updateswas also reduced.
- Improved memory management for more efficient use of memory. As a result, the interface runs smoothly and quickly even in high-load scenarios.
- System performance increased by 88%, app power consumption reduced by 16% compared toMIUI13.
- You can now uninstall most built-in apps. Phone, Messages, Contacts and 5 other system apps required by MIUI 14 cannot be uninstalled.
- Third-party app power consumption reduced by 22%
The MIUI connection with devices has been improved thanks to a new high-speed bus. Plug-in headphones are detected 50% faster, image transmission speed increased by 77% when streaming.
Changes have been made to the number of system applications that cannot be uninstalled in the usual way - only 8 remain. Users can now easily uninstall apps they don't want to use.
MIUI 14 interface
Changes have been made to the design of MIUI, the interface is lighter, looks more interesting, runs faster and is more stable.
The new MIUI 14 offers a new feature called Super Icons. They can be of different sizes (4 sizes for each icon) and make the desktop look more colorful. Update your home screen and theme to the latest version to use super icons
You can have pets on your desktop, which children should especially like. These are animated characters like a cat and a cactus. The feature is called Pets and Plants. The pet lives on the device screen and reacts when you tap it.
New widget formats make working with the device more convenient.
Official MIUI 14 logo
On November 17, 2022, Xiaomi officially unveiled the MIUI 14 logo, debunking rumors of a possible MIUI 13.5 release.
The MIUI 13 logo uses pink, yellow and orange colors. The new MIUI 14 logo looks more modern - the colors blue, purple and pink are combined with the transparent number 14 in white.
Interestingly, the MIUI 14 logo closely resembles Apple's iOS 16 logo. Xiaomi has long been referred to as the Apple of China because the interface and some features are very similar to MIUI-like iOS features.
MIUI 14 new features
- MIUI 14 now takes up less memory, keeping things running faster and smoother for longer.
- The improved architecture improves the performance of pre-installed and third-party apps while saving energy.
- Attention to detail redefines personalization and takes it to the next level.
- More than 30 scenes support end-to-end data protection without storing data in the cloud, all activities are performed locally on the device.
- Mi Smart Hub has received a significant upgrade, runs much faster and supports more devices.
- Tap and hold your finger on the text of an image from Gallery to instantly recognize it. Supports up to 8 languages.
- You can connect the headphones to your phone, tablet and TV and easily switch between devices.
- Whenever you need to type text on your TV, you can open a pop-up window on your phone and type text there.
- Incoming calls can be transferred to the tablet.
- Family Services allows you to create groups of up to 8 people and offers different roles with customizable permissions.
- You can share photo albums with your family group. Everyone in the group can view and upload new photos and videos.
- Set your shared album as a screensaver on your TV and let everyone in the family enjoy happy memories.
- Family Services allow you to share health data (like heart rate, blood oxygen levels, and sleep) with family members.
- Child accounts offer a range of parental control settings, from limiting screen time and app usage to setting up a safe zone.
- Improved search in settings.
- You can increase the connection speed with mobile data when the Wi-Fi signal is too weak.
The Mi AI voice assistant has been refined:
- Mi Al is now more than just a voice assistant. You can use it as a scanner, translator, it can filter spam calls and more.
- With Mi Al you can perform complex daily tasks with simple voice commands. Communicating with your device has never been easier.
- With Mi Al, you can scan and recognize anything - whether it's an unfamiliar plant or an important document.
- Mi Al is ready to help if you encounter a language barrier. Intelligent translation tools support multiple languages.
Not all of these MIUI 14 features are available in the global version. Some of them only work in thechinese versionMIUI14.
Download MIUI 14
Currently, not only Chinese versions of MIUI 14 are available, but also European ones. Firmware for other regions is in beta testing and will appear here once the firmware becomes stable public ROM.
Download MIUI 14 China
|Redmi K60 Pro||22.214.171.124.TMKCNXM||13||2023-01-17|
|Xiaomi Citizen 1S||126.96.36.199.TLPCNXM||13||2023-01-17|
|Redmi K50 Ultra||188.8.131.52.TLFCNXM||13||2023-01-17|
|Redmi K50 Pro||184.108.40.206.TLKCNXM||13||2023-01-17|
|Mi 11 Lite 5G||220.127.116.11.TKICNXM||13||2023-01-16|
|Mi 11 LE||18.104.22.168.TKOCNXM||13||2023-01-16|
|Xiaomi 12 Pro||22.214.171.124.TLBCNXM||13||2023-01-16|
|Mi 11 Pro / Ultra||126.96.36.199.TKACNXM||13||2023-01-15|
|Xiaomi 12S Ultra||188.8.131.52.TLACNXM||13||2023-01-15|
|Xiaomi MIX Fold 2||184.108.40.206.TLRCNXM||13||2023-01-14|
|Xiaomi 12S Pro||220.127.116.11.TLECNXM||13||2023-01-11|
|Redmi K40 Pro / Pro Plus||18.104.22.168.TKKCNXM||13||2023-01-10|
|Xiaomi 12 Pro Dimension||22.214.171.124.TLGCNXM||13||09.01.2023|
|Redmi Note 12 Pro speed||126.96.36.199.SMSCNXM||12||2022-12-30|
|Xiaomi 13 Pro||188.8.131.52.TMBCNXM||13||2022-12-17|
Download MIUI 14 Europe
|Xiaomi 12 Lite||184.108.40.206.TLIEUXM||13||2023-01-18|
|POCO F4 GT||220.127.116.11.TLJEUXM||13||2023-01-16|
When new MIUI 14 ROMs are released, they will appear here. Just forMIUI12.5andMIUI13.
Global version of Redmi Note 11 Pro+ receives MIUI 14 update (February 3rd) The global variant of Redmi Note 11 Pro+ has started receiving the Android 13-based MIUI 14 update. The firmware with the build number V14.How long will Xiaomi phones get updates? ›
It may vary according to different regions and devices. Xiaomi smartphones launched before Q3 2021 might get 2 major Android updates and 3 years of security patches only.How many updates will Xiaomi phones get? ›
There have been some changes in Xiaomi's Update policy. According to new policy Redmi series will get 1-2 Android updates. But Redmi Note series will get 2-3 Android updates like Mi series. And Mi series will get 2-3 Android update.What changes in MIUI 14? ›
This new MIUI 14 feature basically allows the user to set a custom size to any icon on the homescreen. You can set a custom icon from the same page as well. There is only 4 icon layouts for now, but we might see more layouts soon with the upcoming updates. All you need to do is hold any icon, and tap “Set icon”.How to download MIUI 14 update? ›
- Download MIUI using MIUI Downloader app. Download MIUI Downloader App from here. Open the app. Choose your device. ...
- Download MIUI using website. Enter the MIUI MiRom EzBox website here. Tap 3-Dot/Line menu. Tap “Mi Phone”
|Screenshot of MIUI 14|
|Latest release||V18.104.22.168 (Mainland China) (Xiaomi Phone) / 17 December 2022 22.214.171.124 (Global Market) (Xiaomi Phone) / 18 January 2023 V126.96.36.199 (Global Market) (Xiaomi Pad) / 12 January 2023|
|Latest preview|| V188.8.131.52.16.DEV (Mainland China) / 17 December 2022|
Which mobile phones have the longest updates? As of April 2022, Samsung S10 and Note 10 series holds the longest Android OS supported versions which was from Android 9 up to the current Android 12. It is expected that these series will receive an additional security update for next 2023 to 2024.How many years do Xiaomi phones last? ›
Xiaomi – two to four years.Does updating MIUI slows phone? ›
It is possible that the new update has made your device slower and laggier than the previous version, as software is not perfect.How many years of software support do Xiaomi smartphones get? ›
Following moves by the likes of Samsung and OnePlus, Xiaomi says the forthcoming Xiaomi 11T Pro and Xiaomi 11T will get three years of Android updates and four years of security updates.
We release monthly and quarterly security patch updates on Xiaomi devices for at least two years after product listing in the marketplace. Monthly and quarterly security updates will include Android security patches released by Google, as well as patches for Xiaomi-specific issues.Which version of MIUI is best? ›
- I had a Redmi 2 prime , with MiUI 6. ...
- The moment I updated to MIUI 7 ( just to use the extra data that jio provided for free during its launch ) .
Pure Android, on the other hand, is much simpler than MIUI. In addition, there are no extra features such as animation or application cloning. application opening speed, switching speed between applications, opening speed of the device, etc. These are the good sides of Pure Android.What's new in MIUI update? ›
The new dark mode is also a nice addition, and the new privacy controls will help to keep your data safe. Overall, the new MIUI 13 update is a significant improvement over its predecessor.Can I update MIUI manually? ›
Go to Settings > My Device > MIUI version. Press several times on MIUI logo until “additional features are on” text comes up. Tap on hamburger menu. Now tap on “Choose update package” option.How do I download the latest version of MIUI? ›
On your phone, navigate to Settings > About Phone > System Update, and then press the three-dot icon in the top-right corner, and select "Choose Update Package". If the "Choose Update Package" is not visible, you need to tap on the MIUI version logo 7-10 times.Which phones are eligible for MIUI 12.5 update? ›
- Mi 11.
- Mi 10T Pro.
- Mi 10T.
- Mi 10 Pro.
- Mi 10 Lite 5G.
- Mi Note 10 Pro.
- Mi Note 10.
- Mi Note 10 Lite.
Which of these two devices is the best? The answer depends. While the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro has the advantage in terms of design and functionality, the Samsung Galaxy S22 is better for those who want an affordable phone. Both smartphones come with AMOLED matrices, and Samsung's screens are more responsive.How many MIUI versions are there? ›
MIUI ROM Variants & Types
There are basically 2 different versions of MIUI. Daily Beta Developer and Stable. There are also 2 main regions. China and Global.
(Mobile Internet UI) A version of the Android operating system from China-based consumer electronics manufacturer Xiaomi Inc.
Yes, It's Possible. - The New York Times. Personal Tech|A Smartphone That Lasts a Decade? Yes, It's Possible.Which Android is the fastest? ›
According to the AnTuTu scores discovered, the iQOO 11 is the world's fastest Android smartphone. The launch of the smartphone is confirmed for January 10, 2023.What is the most advanced version of Android? ›
As of November 2022 Android 12 is the most popular version of Android, with 30.06% of devices having the operating system installed. The first phones to have Android 12 were the Google Pixel 6 and the Pixel 6 Pro.Is Xiaomi is the No 1 smartphone brand? ›
“After 20 quarters, Xiaomi lost its leadership position in Q4 2022 and fell to third place with shipments of 5.5 million units,” noted Canalys in its latest quarterly report on the Indian smartphone market. However, for the full year 2022, Xiaomi was still the number one brand in India.How often should I replace my phone? ›
Upgrading Your Phone Every Three Years
Most people upgrade their phones every two to three years. By then, the battery starts to become bothersome and Android phones stop receiving updates. It's also usually enough time for tech companies to introduce some new features you might want on your next phone.
Nonetheless, replacing your device every two years is still a good idea. Even if the phone functions well, the hardware and operating system are antiquated by the time the phone is two years old.Does MIUI drain battery? ›
MIUI's optimization system is something hard-coded, but some of the apps cannot adapt to it and cause battery drain.What is the problem with MIUI? ›
Update 2 (January 29, 2022)
02:12 pm (IST): Xiaomi has officially acknowledged two bugs bothering MIUI 13 Pilot testers. This includes an issue where the status bar is unclickable when playing games. It has been reported on Redmi Note 10, Note 10 Pro, and Xiaomi 11 Lite.
MIUI is so heavy mainly because it is set out to be extremely customizable and eye-pleasing, It is unique because it comes packed with a lot of features that other Android ROMs don't have. MIUI is so heavy on the interface as well which can take some time to get used to.Is MIUI 14 coming out? ›
As mentioned, Xiaomi has also announced the MIUI 14 official release plan for the second batch of eligible devices, The rollout will begin around the end of March 2023.
Among them, the Redmi K40 series and Mi 11 series are rumoured to be the first. The handsets are expected to get the MIUI 13 update based on Android 12. The series comprises Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11 Pro, Mi 11, Redmi K40 Pro and Redmi K40 Pro+.Is Miui 14 out? ›
Xiaomi Rolls out MIUI 14 Beta Update for Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G (February 02, 2023) Xiaomi has confirmed that it has started rolling out the beta version of its latest MIUI 14 operating system for its Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G.Which MI phones will get Android 13? ›
Xiaomi Devices That Will Get Android 13
- Mi 10.
- Mi 10 Pro.
- Mi 10 Ultra.
- Mi 10S.
- Mi 11.
- Mi 11 Pro.
- Mi 11 Ultra.
- Mi 11i.
What is latest stable MIUI version? Xiaomi provides different MIUI versions for different devices. Well the latest stable update is MIUI 13 Version 13.0. 5.0 (SKFINXM) which has already been rolled out for many MIUI devices.What is the release date of Android 13? ›
Android 13 is the thirteenth major release of the Android mobile operating system, developed by Google, released for the public on August 15, 2022.Which devices will not get MIUI 13? ›
These devices will not get any MIUI 13 Beta updates anymore [14 July 2022] Mi CC9 Pro, Redmi K30 5G, Redmi K30i 5G, Redmi K30, Mi 10, Mi 10 Pro, Redmi K30 Pro, Mi 10 Lite Zoom devices will no longer get daily MIUI updates.What is the difference between MIUI 12.5 and 13? ›
MIUI 13 brings several performance improvements over the previous release -- MIUI 12.5. Xiaomi claims that the latest version of its custom Android skin offers better app fluency with 15% fewer dropped frames in third-party applications when compared to the previous release.What is new in MIUI 13.0 3? ›
You might be wondering what new features have been added in the new MIUI 13 update. The list of new features is impressively long, but some of the most noteworthy additions include a redesigned control center, improved performance, new privacy controls, and news wallpapers.Will Android 12 come with MIUI 13? ›
April 18, 2022
The MIUI 13 Global Stable update for Redmi Note 10 is rolling out in India, which is based on Android 12 and comes with the firmware version V13.
This new MIUI 14 Global feature allows the user to set a custom size to any icon on the homescreen. You can set a custom icon from the same page as well. There is only 4 icon layouts, but we might see more layouts soon with the updates.
Go to Settings > My Device > MIUI version. Press several times on MIUI logo until “additional features are on” text comes up. Tap on hamburger menu. Now tap on “Choose update package” option.Is MIUI 12.5 a buggy? ›
of course full device is buggy. uninstalling apps take 30 seconds and in game it will give a full screen notification of low battery. now if you're gaming this notification will make you loss a match.Is Android 13 a Samsung? ›
For Samsung Galaxy devices, Android 13 debuted alongside One UI 5.0 in the second half of 2022. The Galaxy S22 series was the first to receive Android 13 through Samsung's early beta program and publicly a few months later.What's the difference between Android 12 and 13? ›
Perhaps one of the most important features when comparing Android 12 vs Android 13 is what's new with privacy and notification. There are big new features in the form of updates to notifications permissions and privacy, giving you more control over what apps can send you messages or access your media and clipboard.What is the latest Android version 2022? ›
As of November 2022 Android 12 is the most popular version of Android, with 30.06% of devices having the operating system installed. The first phones to have Android 12 were the Google Pixel 6 and the Pixel 6 Pro.